Neck Meeting House

Other names:  Friends Meeting House

Meeting house of the Nicholite sect of the Quakers that was localized in Caroline County.  The Neck Meeting House (or Tuckahoe Neck Meeting House) was built in 1802 by Quakers who had rejoined the movement after separating to form the Nicholite sect, which originated in Caroline County. The building was later used by the ‘Dunkers’ and as a school.

Share Button

On Maryland's Eastern Shore