Hog Island Landing

This landing served as the eastern terminus for the original Dover Ferry and was located on an “island’ of solid ground amid the marshy shoreline. The landing also served as a steamboat landing for a short period. In a 1898 “BC& A” steamboat schedule it is listed as a landing for the Joppa and the Avalon.

(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)

[crhno_crh258]
Share Button

On Maryland's Eastern Shore