Ganey’s Wharf

Other names:  Ganeys, Garneys Landing

This landing is located on the east side of Choptank River below Gilpin Point and above Wings Landing at the end of Ganey Wharf Road. The landing is identified on the 1875 Caroline County map found in The 1877 Atlases and Other Early Maps of the Eastern Shore, Maryland as “Garney’s Landing.” It is designated as Ganeys Wharf on “Topographic Map of Caroline County” 1950 revised 1971.

(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)

[crhno_crh207]
Share Button

On Maryland's Eastern Shore