Back Landing

Other names:  Black Landing

This landing is located on the Hunting Creek off Back Landing Road. The landing served the town of Preston and is identified as “Black Landing” on the 1875 Caroline County map found in The 1877 Atlases and Other Early Maps of the Eastern Shore, Maryland; and “Back Landing” on “Topographic Map of Caroline County” 1950 revised 1971.

(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)

[crhno_crh027]
Share Button

On Maryland's Eastern Shore