Double Mills Landing

A steamboat landing was located west side of Tred Avon River at Double Mills Point, end of Double Mills Road.  The Maryland Steamboat Company’s Highland Light and Kent provided nightly stops between Baltimore and Choptank River including Double Mills in 1878. Steamboats operated by the Baltimore, Chesapeake and Atlantic Railway Line operated out of here in 1911.

(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)

Share Button

On Maryland's Eastern Shore