Other names: East New Market Landing
Shermans Landing is located at the end of Goose Creek Road on the Dorchester County side of the Choptank River, north of Indian Creek and south of Warwick River, just below Green Point (see also Green Point). This is possibly the same landing which was called East New Market Landing by the Baltimore, Chesapeake & Atlantic Railroad Company in 1898, though a wharf at Secretary would be closer to East New Market. This landing was owned by Captain Thomas Benjamin Sherman who lived at nearby Waterloo Farm (see Waterloo Farm). Shermans Landing is shown on an 1877 atlas map.
(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)