Reeds Creek Farm is located on the northwest side of Reeds Creek down river from Kirby Wharf and upriver from Holmes Creek, directly east of Howell Island, in Dickinson Cove, north bank of Choptank River, Talbot County. This property was patented to Thomas Reed in 1659 and sold to Nicholas Holmes in the late 17th century until sold to William Chaplain in 1765. The brick farmhouse was probably built by William Chaplain’s son, William, prior to 1813. The Chaplain burial ground is located on the west side of the lower terrace.
(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)