Kirby’s Wharf

Kirby Wharf is located on the Talbot County side of the Choptank River, below Reeds Creek and above Porpoise Creek, northwest of the Senator Frederick C. Malkus Jr. Memorial Bridge (Route 50) over the Choptank River.  This landing was used by the Baltimore, Chesapeake & Atlantic Railroad Company between at least 1906 and 1911.  The house dates from the nineteenth century featuring an unusual combination of Italianate, Greek Revival and Georgian architecture.

(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)

[ crhno_crh305 ]
Share Button

On Maryland's Eastern Shore