Howell Point is located between La Trappe Creek and Dickinson Bay, nearly north of Cambridge at end of Grubin Neck, Talbot County. Judge Samuel Dickinson owned an island at the end of Howell Point, named While Powell’s Island. It was assessed at 55 acres in 1755; today Howell Point is completely eroded away. A Neo-Georgian revival house called Howell Point was built here circa 1920. It suffered from extensive termite damage and was demolished in 1976. The steamboat Albemarle began a regular run Baltimore and Cambridge in 1823, stopping at Howell Point.
(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)