Cook Shipyard

Edward Cook operated a shipyard probably on Cooks Point Cove, just east of Cook Point, near end of Cooks Point Road, on the south bank near the mouth of Choptank River, Dorchester County. The shipyard operated from 1742 to 1788.

(Ford places the shipyard on the west or Chesapeake Bay side of Cooks Point based on land records, however it is hard to imagine a shipyard being built in such an exposed area – therefore we believe the shipyard was more likely located in Cook Point Cove or possibly Trippe Bay. )

(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)

[ crhno_crh157 ]
Share Button

On Maryland's Eastern Shore