The Caroline Digital History ProjectA Collaboration with the Caroline County Historical Society
CRH + CCHS
Choptank River Heritage is a lead supporter of The Caroline Digital History Project (CDHP), a new initiative of the Caroline County Historical Society.
The purpose of the CDHP is to increase community involvement and financial support for the mission of the Caroline County Historical Society by:
- Building on the foundation of decades of research by Society President J.O.K. Walsh and Researcher Professional, Patricia C. Guida, and on decades of print publications produced by the Society.
- Digitizing and indexing paper archives.
- Providing access to online research, reports, and images.
- Ensuring safe storage of paper archives and cloud backup of digital archives.
- Engaging families and younger audiences through social media outreach.
- Increasing the participation of researchers, writers, and artists from the county’s minority communities.
The Project is Already Under Way!
The Archives Team of volunteers has spent hundreds of hours indexing the the J.O.K. Walsh research collection. Indexing of the Patricia Guida research collection has also begun.
We are also:
- Updating the CCHS website. (Contact us for a sneak preview.)
- Prototyping a searchable online research database.
- Safeguarding research documents with online (cloud) backup.
- Improving safe storage of hardcopy archives.
- Digitizing CCHS print material for sharing online.
- Setting up email service for a newsletter, calls to action, and event announcements.
- Integrating website, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media for outreach to younger audiences.
How You Can Help
Join the archive volunteers.
Sign up to be a CCHS writer-blogger, photojournalist, or storyteller.
Lend us your web publishing, social media, or IT expertise.
Donate $10 or more to The Caroline Digital History Project to purchase archive cabinets, online storage, and web hosting fees. [Please email us to donate … while we continue to upgrade our website.]