Reeds Creek Farm

Lower Choptank River Historic Site

Dates

Early 19th Century- Present

Other Names

None

River

Lower Choptank

Mile

12.5

County

Talbot

Cultural Resources: River front historic house.

Reeds Creek Farm is located on the northwest side of Reeds Creek down river from Kirby Wharf and upriver from Holmes Creek, directly east of Howell Island, in Dickinson Cove, north bank of Choptank River, Talbot County.  This property was patented to Thomas Reed in 1659 and sold to Nicholas Holmes in the late 17th century until sold to William Chaplain in 1765.  The brick farmhouse was probably built by William Chaplain’s son, William, prior to 1813.  The Chaplain burial ground is located on the west side of the lower terrace.

Map Gallery

(Click for enlargement.)

Photo Gallery

(Click photos for enlargements.)

Reeds Creek Farm from the southwest.

Close-up of the photo above.

 

Travel Upriver

Travel Downriver

River Sections:
Lower Choptank
Lower Tributaries
Middle Choptank
Upper Choptank
Tuckahoe

Historic Sites
on the Lower
Choptank River