OLD HARFORD TOWN MARITIME MUSEUM
Invites you to
A "Sneak Preview" of the nearly
completed construction of
The Joppa Steamboat Wharf
The Chesapeake Bay's newest
and only surviving Steamboat Terminal Facility
Saturday August 17, 2002
On the upper Choptank River at
10219 River Landing Road,
West Denton, Maryland
Come take a peak at the Choptank River's replica 1883 Maryland Steamboat Company Terminal Facility -- the Joppa Steamboat Wharf -- under construction in West
Denton, enjoy a cruise on the Cambridge Lady, spend the day taking in Caroline County's Summerfest events and end the day with a spectacular fireworks display.
Highlights of the day include:
- 11 AM and 12 PM river cruises from the Joppa Wharf aboard the Cambridge Lady (Reservations Required*).
- 5th Annual Rivah Run Paddling Event (10 a.m. start).
- Daylong events, food and entertainment as part of Summerfest (2 PM til dark)
- Riverfront fireworks display viewed from the Joppa Wharf
Come experience the historical, cultural and natural resources of one of the Chesapeake Bay's longest river systems…the Great Choptank River.
For more information or directions please contact Carl W. Scheffel, Jr. at (410) 241-8661
* For reservations for the Cambridge Lady Cruises please email your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each cruise is
limited to 49 passengers and will be booked on a first come basis with bookings for 11 AM and 12 PM.